Sunday, July 3, 2011

I’ve got a thing for books, and I’m not alone…

“One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.” 

-George W. Bush

Now who could disagree with that?  

  If there is one relaxing and indulgent activity I like to do on the weekends, it is leafing through my design and art books.   Wouldn’t you love to be left to explore some of these libraries with their stacks and stacks of books?  I know I would.

iris apfel manhattan apartment via archiectrual digest via fallon elizabeth tumblr

Iris Apfel’s Manhattan apartment.

 

gwyneth paltrow books via fallon elizabeth tumblr

Gwyneth Paltrow.

 

golden study overflowing with books via fallon elizabeth tumblr

I admit, this one IS a bit over the top with the stacking of books.

 

milesreddlivingroomoctober1-2010 via a lovely being

Miles Redd mixes books, art, and decorative objects.

nigella-lawson-library-1

Nigella Lawson among her bevy of cookbooks.   If this was my library, I’m sure I’d never make it into the kitchen to cook anything!

 

John Stefanidis Show Flat LIbrary

John Stefanidis mixes dining with reading… so cozy and perfect for those times when you just can’t put a book down.

Another thing I’ve been incessantly reading through in every free second this weekend is the blog A Lovely Being and her tumblr page Fallon Elizabeth.  It’s total eye candy.  Every picture I’ve posted came from one of those with the exception of the last one. 

1 comment:

mydeco said...

So many books! Like the interiors they do look good. Like the neutral colours in the last picture and the interesting chairs too. Thanks for sharing these!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin